Blogging With Viper - Adam Thompson

A Day in the Life of a Viper
Whether your interested or not, I have decided to let the fans know what goes on in a regular day, in the life of a Vernon Viper player (game days are a little different of course).
9 AM – 10:50 AM
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I attend a psychology class with some of the guys, which forces me to get up at this early. This is tough considering Thursdays are normally our day to sleep in and when you work as hard as we do, sleeping in is a valuable commodity. However on any other day we are usually up at around 10:30 am, getting ready for gym and a solid hour-long workout. School is school… and while its very important to put in a good effort and get good grades, I hated school and everything to do with it, much like every other child out there. For those who enjoy school, Psychology is a pretty good course to take as it deals with lots of interesting topics to do with the mind and body. After a quick nap or daydream in class (joking) and a quick glance around campus for some cute young classy ladies (not joking) were off straight to the gym. Speaking of which I’d like to congratulate Drew George for getting the lucky chance to sit beside (very closely I might add) his first girl a couple classes ago.
11 AM – 12 NOON
Workouts usually consist of a bike ride or run for warm-up, followed by a predetermined schedule that is laid out for us by Fitness West. Some days it’s hard to find the effort to put in a good workout, but workouts are important to keep up our fitness and be strong enough to compete night in and night out and stay atop the Interior Conference. More on workouts will come in future entries.
12:15 PM – 2 PM
After workout, we need to fill up on good food in order to be at our best for practice. I usually go for eggs and toast with peanut butter, Panini’s with cheese and meat grilled on the George Foreman, or left over’s from the night before. My billets cook delicious meals so it is easy to find something tasty and filling before I get down to work at practice. Some juice or Milk with Oreo Sippers (from Gordo and Ikky) help drain it all down. After lunch I usually play some Xbox and scratch up on my skills. Most of my time is spent dominating the computer in my Dynasty (NHL 10 is pretty unreal) or playing other games like Halo and Call Of Duty. I basically run show in all of them regardless so it doesn’t matter much to me what genre the challengers choose. Then it’s off down Highway 97 to the Wesbild Center and sometimes unfortunately, the Civic arena, for practice.
2:05 PM -6 PM
Most guys play ping-pong, tape sticks, watch TV and just hang out for the first half hour before we actually start getting dressed and on the ice for three. Occasionally we talk strategies but its mostly just time spent to bond and get ready for some hard work at practice. Practice usually goes for an hour and a bit where we learn new things and just get better. Coach Ferner has a great saying that involves us coming to practice everyday to get better, not to waste time. After all, practice makes perfect. After the conclusion of practice, we shower up and then head home for some dinner.
7 Pm – SLEEP
After another delicious meal, I get on the phone and find something fun and entertaining to do for the rest of the night. Most nights I hang with Cole Ikkala and Graeme Gordon because they live close and are both beauties. I also usually chill with my awesome D Partner Garret Noonan but he didn’t name drop me in his interview, so for now I just go to his house to hang with Mike Collins. Tonight I killed time playing in an NHL 10 tourney with a bunch of the guys. However, after losing in the finals, I don’t feel the need to talk much about it. Apparently my NHL skills aren’t up to par. Home at curfew and a hot tub or TV watching session later and I’m in bed ready to do it all again the next morning.

Another Huge weekend for the Vipers!! Come out and show your support. There is also a skate on Sunday so bring your skates down and take some strides with the boys.