A Little Q&A With Halcrow


How did you react when you got the news you were traded to Vernon?

I had a big smile on my face! I am very excited to be a Viper.

Where did you start and what was your journey to Vernon?
When I was 17 I spent my rookie year in Ft. McMurray and played a full season there and in the off season I was traded to Quesnel, which was kinda out of the blue. I then spent all last season with Quesnel and it was a very up and down season, we didn’t really come together until about Christmas. Then we played our best hockey and had a great run in the playoffs and now I am here.

What was it like playing against Vernon?
It was always fun and Vernon was my favorite team to play against. It really brings your game up when you play a good team and its always a lot of fun.

Will it be easier or harder for you to face fewer shots then you did in Quesnel?
It’s is a little tough at first to adjust to but when I played in Ft. McMurray they had a really good defensive core so I was used to a lot less shots. It is a little different but even after the first game I feel adjusted.

Will it be different playing at Wesbild then the Vault?
It will be a little different but this is probably the best rink to play in for me so I am excited. I have had great personal success here and the fans are great, so I am excited to play here.

How have you adjusted so far here in Vernon?
So far it’s been good. This is a great group of guys and it’s lots of fun. So I think I have adjusted just fine so far!

The Vipers have two veteran goaltenders, how does this affect you and the team?
I think it’s great. It benefits both the team, Voth and myself. We are only going to make each other better and the team better, so it’s good.